2022 Board Member Candidate
As a past board member with 10 years’ experience, I am very excited about the possibility of returning to the Board of Directors. I am proud to say I have been a member of our credit union for 38 years and consider it an honour and privilege to represent the members of FirstOntario Credit Union.
I relate with the core cooperative values of FirstOntario Credit Union, which has a long and proud history helping members of the community not only with their financial needs but also helping those in need. For decades FirstOntario has made it their business to build the community they serve.
Our Credit Union is democratically run which gives our members an opportunity to participate in the governance of the organization. This commitment to our community and members combined with my desire to make a difference in people’s lives are just a few of the reasons why I’m seeking your support as a Director.
- Credit Union Director Achievement Program (CUDA)
- McMaster University Labour Studies Program
- GM/CAW Workplace Training Facilitator
- OFL Certified Health and Safety Instructor
- WHMIS trainer
- General Motors Employment Equity/Women’s Advocate
- Human Rights Trainer & Investigator
Board and/or Committee Experience
Over 35 years experience volunteering on a variety of boards and committees:
- Director, FirstOntario Credit Union, Elections, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Governance Committees
- Executive Board St. Catharines & District Labour Council, Trustee
- Board of Director Niagara North Condominium Corporation 85, Chair
- Women’s Committee, Education, Community Services supporting a variety of community organizations – Canadian Landmine Foundation, Alzheimer’s Society, United Way, Southridge Shelter, Gillian’s Place