2022 Board Member Candidate
As a FirstOntario Credit Union personal member, business member and the recipient of the inaugural 2016 FirstOntario Credit Union’s 1Awards Niagara for small business entrepreneurs, I have come to recognize the full support a member-owned financial cooperative can provide individuals, businesses and their communities. With 30 years of experience providing accounting services to a variety of small businesses, dealings with many financial institutions and entrepreneurial/start-ups, I appreciate the member/owner values of FirstOntario Credit Union that assists all members in achieving their financial goals.
With my two young adult children having commenced their own professional careers, I now have the time to commit to and would be honoured to join the Board of Directors. My financial literacy, prudent decision making, community relations and leadership skills would be progressive contributions to FirstOntario Credit Union’s continued success and safeguarding the best interests of all FirstOntario Credit Union members.
What can you specifically contribute to the Board?
- Dedication to the prosperity of FirstOntario Credit Union members
- Dependability to perform at highest level
- Cooperative and willing to work in unity
- Financially literate with decades of business/accounting experience
- Compassion and respect for all people
- Pride in representing FirstOntario Credit Union members
- Bachelor of Accounting (Honours) – Brock University
- 30 years of Financial Administration/Consulting for various businesses. Specializing in law firm accounting, law firm and small business start-ups and full-cycle accounting services (On site and remote)
- Entrepreneur/Owner/Manager, 2388901 Ontario Limited o/a Tootzie’s Tune-Up
- Commercial Property Owner/Manager
Board and/or Committee Experience
- Annual Club Roma Ladies Auxiliary Golf Tournament for Tender Wishes Foundation, Committee Member (26 years)
- Club Roma (St. Catharines) Inc. Board of Directors Member (2 years)