2022 Board Member Candidate
I have been a member and exclusively banking with this credit union for over 30 years and the privilege of serving on the Board for 13 years, the majority as Chair.
During my tenure, FirstOntario survived the challenges of global recession, the ultra-low interest rates, and the pandemic. We survived without laying-off staff and had record growth and profitability.
I am excited at the prospect of returning to the board to ensure our member-based values continue: that “numbers aren’t everything” and “caring about our communities.”
What can you specifically contribute to the Board?
- Long-term board and varied work experience
- Articulate and persuasive communications
- Leadership expertise
- Major governance experience
- Expertise in risk management, strategic planning, regulatory law, IT oversight, CEO evaluation, mergers and acquisitions
- Experience in anti-money laundering, commercial crime and bank fraud
- Chartered Director (C.Dir), McMaster University
- Accredited Canadian Credit Union Director (ACCUD), Dalhousie University
- Regulatory Strategy Program, Harvard University
- Professional Management Program, York University
- Certified Adjudicator & Paralegal, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Police Exemplary Service Medal (PESM), Governor General of Canada
- 2016 – Present
Chief Executive Officer, Bereavement Authority of Ontario (BAO)
- 2005 – 2015
Director, Investigations & Enforcement, Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council (OMVIC)
- 1977 – 2005
Detective Sergeant, Halton Regional Police Service
Board and/or Committee Experience
FirstOntario Credit Union Board of Directors 2008 to 2021
- Served on all committees: Audit, Governance, Elections, Corporate & Social Responsibility (now Strategic Oversight Committee)
- Served as Chair 2014 to 2019 and 2020 to 2021.
Bereavement Authority of Ontario (BAO) – CEO 2016 - Present
- As CEO, I am solely accountable to the Board of Directors. I attend all monthly board and committee meetings, providing reports on performance, risk, and finance.
- The BAO has eight committees, so my governance workload is substantial.
- Currently conducting and organizational transformation which includes the acquisition of a new $1 million Client Relationship Management (CRM) IT system and infrastructure.