Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
We’re here to help our business members with information and access to financial relief options.
CEBA application deadline extended to June 30, 2021
The CEBA program now provides access to an additional $20,000 to eligible borrowers who already received a $40,000 loan, and $60,000 for new applicants to CEBA.
Check the status of your CEBA Application
New! Five to seven business days after your application has been finalized and submitted, you can check online to get a status update on your CEBA loan.
The CEBA Call Centre remains available at 1-888-324-4201. An Agent will return your call between Monday and Friday, from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
What is a CEBA loan?
The Canada Emergency Business Account loan program supports eligible businesses with loans to help cover operating costs during a period where revenues have been temporarily reduced.
Upsize loans of up to $20,000 available to existing CEBA Loan recipients OR $60,000 available to new qualifying CEBA applicants.
- Term loans will be at 0% interest until December 31, 2022.
- Principal repayments can be made at any time, however, no principal payments are required until December 31, 2022.
- Loan forgiveness of 25% of the first $40,000 if 75% is repaid on or before December 31, 2022 — and — 50% of the additional $20,000, if 50% is repaid on or before December 31, 2022.
- If the loan is not repaid by December 31, 2022, it will be extended for an additional three-year term bearing an interest rate of 5% per annum. The loan can be repaid at any time without penalty and no principal payments are required until December 31, 2025, when the full amount of the loan is due.
Learn more about the CEBA Program
For additional details on the CEBA program, check the Federal Government’s online CEBA FAQ.
Confirm your business is eligible for CEBA before starting your application!
Use the government’s CEBA Pre-Screen Tool to assess and confirm your eligibility.
Note: Chrome, Firefox or Safari browsers are required to access the CEBA Pre-Screen Tool.
Once you have completed the pre-screen assessment, you will receive an email from the government with your results and a reference number.
Next steps - if the results of your pre-screen assessment are positive:
- You will need to open a business account to proceed with the CEBA application process. Contact your local branch or the Member Service Centre at 1-866-800-ARTS (2787) to make an appointment.
- Once you have opened your business account, please return to this application and click on the Apply Now button to finalize your application.
Submitting your application
Download the CEBA User Guide PDF for help submitting your application.
Where can I get an update on my CEBA application?
Contact the CEBA Call Centre at 1-888-324-4201 to receive a status update on your CEBA application.
We are here to help
If you have any questions about CEBA or would like to learn about other financial relief options, please contact our Member Service Centre at 1-866-800-ARTS (2787).
Request a CEBA loan to help cover operating costs
Please use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari browsers to access our online application.
You will be taken to the FirstOntario Credit Union portal to apply.