Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
The CEBA application period ended on June 30, 2021
If you have already applied for CEBA and have questions, please contact the Government’s CEBA Call Centre at 1-888-324-4201 (Mon-Fri 8am – 9pm EST) to talk to someone about the status of your application.
Can I view the status of my CEBA application online?
Use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari browsers and visit status-statut.ceba-cuec.ca anytime to view the status of your CEBA application. You’ll need:
- The name of the financial institution through which you applied for CEBA
- Your 9-digit CRA business number
- The applicable T1, T2, T2 Short, or T4 summary used in your application
What is a CEBA loan?
The Canada Emergency Business Account loan program supports eligible businesses with loans to help cover operating costs during a period where revenues have been temporarily reduced.
Upsize loans of up to $20,000 available to existing CEBA Loan recipients OR $60,000 available to new qualifying CEBA applicants.
- Term loans will be at 0% interest until December 31, 2022.
- Principal repayments can be made at any time, however, no principal payments are required until December 31, 2022.
- For $40,000 loans: $10,000 could be forgiven if $30,000 is fully repaid by December 31, 2022.
- For $60,000 loans: $20,000 could be forgiven if $40,000 is fully repaid by December 31, 2022.
- If the loan is not repaid by December 31, 2022, it will be extended for an additional three-year term bearing an interest rate of 5% per annum. The loan can be repaid at any time without penalty and no principal payments are required until December 31, 2025, when the full amount of the loan is due.
We are here to help
If you have questions about financial relief options, please contact your FirstOntario Business Account Manager or our Member Service Centre at 1-800-616-8878.